Types of plastic powder
Plastic powder can be generally divided into: thermoplastic and thermosetting, indoor powder and outdoor powder, high temperature and low temperature curing powder.
1. Thermoplastic powder coating: the main formula is polyethylene, polyethylene, polypropylene, nylon, etc.
Advantages: chemical resistance, toughness, good bending, can be applied to thick coating.
The disadvantage is poor gloss and leveling effect and adhesion.
2. Thermosetting powder: the formula is epoxy resin, polyester resin and acrylic resin.
It has the advantages of no softening and caking at room temperature, good mechanical dispersion and easy formation of flat film.
3. Outdoor powder; oxidation resistance, UV resistance, acid alkali fog rain resistance, good thermal expansion and cold shrinkage performance. It can be applied to the painting of outdoor workpieces.
4. Indoor powder: its performance is weaker than that of outdoor powder. It can be used for painting indoor workpieces, and the price is relatively cheap.
5. High temperature resistant powder: it can withstand high temperature of 200 ℃ for a long time without discoloration, and the physical and mechanical properties can reach the allowable range.
6. Low temperature powder: it can be used on wood and plastic. It can be used at 80-150 ℃.